Forum |  HardWare.fr | News | Articles | PC | S'identifier | S'inscrire | Shop Recherche
1231 connectés 

es ce que ce film vous a sensibilisé au problème du réchauffement de la planète et de sa préservation ?

Attention si vous cliquez sur "voir les résultats" vous ne pourrez plus voter

Mot :   Pseudo :  

Page :   1  2
Page Suivante
Auteur Sujet :

"Le Jour d'après" arrivera t il ? fiction ou réalité ?

n°2887297
Scarf3ss3
Posté le 06-06-2004 à 18:54:13  profilanswer

Reprise du message précédent :

Zangalou a écrit :

oui et alors ? on ne vérifie pas une théorie de 50 000 ans sur quelques décénie ... qui te dis que dans 100 ans le climat ne s'inversera pas totalement une fois de plus ? personne ne peut le savoir

Les climatologues connaissent parfaitement le climat de la terre depuis 400.000 ans en forant les glaces des poles

Message édité par Scarf3ss3 le 06-06-2004 à 18:54:57
mood
Publicité
Posté le 06-06-2004 à 18:54:13  profilanswer

n°2887316
CHubaca
Couillon
Posté le 06-06-2004 à 18:56:12  profilanswer

scarf3ss3 a écrit :

Les climatologues connaissent parfaitement le climat de la terre depuis 400.000 en forant les glaces des poles

:jap:  

d'ailleur ces forages ont montré des changements tres importants et brutaux dans la composition de l'atmosphere depuis une centaine d'année :)

n°2903335
el muchach​o
Comfortably Numb
Posté le 08-06-2004 à 17:20:13  profilanswer

Au passage, j'en profite pour rappeler que chacun peut participer au plus gros effort de calcul de prédiction du climat existant :
http://www.climateprediction.net

Message édité par el muchacho le 08-06-2004 à 17:31:44
n°2903531
Combi_A_Ve​ndre
Posté le 08-06-2004 à 17:32:04  profilanswer

http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr& [...] %3Dlang_fr

---------------
The best way to accelerate a computer running windows is at 9.8m.s-2
n°2903828
el muchach​o
Comfortably Numb
Posté le 08-06-2004 à 18:06:51  profilanswer

Voici le commentaire du film de la part d'un climatologue de l'université d'Oxford dans la revue scientifique Nature (la revue scientifique la plus réputée) :

Citation :

I have yet to meet a doctor who doesn’t dismiss the TV drama ER as hopelessly unrealistic, and yet who doesn’t tape it religiously if they happen to be on call. I’ve also yet to meet a doctor who doesn’t regard meteorologists and oceanographers as spotty geeks who couldn’t possibly be doing anything glamorous enough to be worth a TV series, never mind a blockbuster Hollywood film. So, with the release of The Day
After Tomorrow, a blockbuster-and-a-half inspired by the issue of human-induced sudden climate change, we must be careful not to confirm the medics’ worst suspicions by pedantically carping on about the film’s portrayal of geophysical fluid dynamics.

A medic watching this film would learn as much about climate as I would learn about cardiology watching ER — not nothing, but I would prefer the surgeon standing over me with a scalpel, or the politician pondering
my petrol taxes, to have had some additional training. So I find the fuss about the film’s possible impact on climate policy rather
disturbing. Bjørn Lomborg vehemently attacked the film recently in the Independent on Sunday for bouncing politicians into signing the Kyoto Protocol. It’s a film, lighten up. I’m sure the world’s teenagers can work out that this is hardly exam revision material, and if it inspires a few of them to stick with physics for a couple more years and perhaps
consider a university course in the geosciences,then it will have more than justified its special-effects budget.

Could The Day After Tomorrow do for  meteorology and oceanography what Top Gun did for US Air Force recruitment? The special effects are stunning and the filmmakers have clearly gone to some lengths
to base them all on natural phenomena, although the connections between them are more tenuous. A tidal wave could indeed hit New York, albeit one more likely induced by a submarine landslip than a gigantic storm
surge. Strange things do happen in the eyes of hurricanes, although to get stratospheric temperatures at sea level you have to be fairly
creative with your thermodynamics. I draw the line at someone embedding a hurricane model into a global weather model in 48 hours, but perhaps it is wise not to tell the teenagers what climate modelling actually
involves until after they have signed up.

I believe that the public takes a much more sophisticated line than Lomborg fears. I am involved in a public-participation
experiment (www.climateprediction.net) that is looking, among other things, at how the atmosphere might reinforce a thermohaline slow-down. Contributions from the public on the discussion boards have generally
been level-headed. Everyone understands that there’s a link to issues raised by the film without mistaking the film for a forecast.
So, the film is well worth a lab night out, particularly if your model is giving trouble.

Perhaps the hardest part will be judging how to respond to questions in the pub afterwards about whether this has anything to do with our actual projections for humaninduced climate change. We have to be
clear that the film is science fiction, but we also have to make sure we don’t belittle what is actually going on. A prescient dinosaur,
gazing future-wards over the millennial undulations of global temperatures, would probably just about make out the warming
spike representing our humble contribution to the twenty-first century. It’s quite an egoboost, isn’t it? The last species to have this
much influence on the climate was almost certainly green, slimy and inarticulate. A teenager signing up for the geosciences today
is guaranteed an interesting career, for while unfettered anthropogenic climate change will certainly not turn out exactly like The
Day After Tomorrow, it should still be a show worth watching — after ER,of course. ■

Myles Allen is in the Department of Physics,
University of Oxford, Parks Road,
Oxford OX1 3PU, UK.

ps : ER = Urgences

Message édité par el muchacho le 08-06-2004 à 18:12:09
n°3001666
Falkland
Posté le 19-06-2004 à 00:29:01  profilanswer

je suis conscient des problemes d'environnements mais ce film est vraiment naze...

mood
Publicité
Posté le   profilanswer

Page :   1  2
Page Suivante

Aller à :
Ajouter une réponse

Sujets relatifs
Comment evaluer la quantité de travail en nb de jour ?nouvelle tele realite sur m6 en septembre
qui a des lentilles de contact nuit & jourPorte en bois qui se déforme puis redevient normale 1 jour après !?!¿!
sasquatch/bigfoot/yéti légende ou realité?Ce qu'il s'est passé d'important le jour de votre naissance ?
heures ouvrées / jour ouvrésTopic du forum - NEW : multismiley, le nouveau jocebug
La réalité de ces élections régionalesLes gladiatrices : le dvd pour (a)mateurs de la tele réalité
Plus de sujets relatifs à : "Le Jour d'après" arrivera t il ? fiction ou réalité ?

Copyright © 1997-2022 Hardware.fr SARL (Signaler un contenu illicite / Données personnelles) / Groupe LDLC / Shop HFR